|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour for cooling|
cake (12 servings each)
- 9.3 oz flour, all-purpose (plain)
- 10.5 oz sugar, white granulated
- 2 oz butter, unsalted
- 10 oz milk, fresh whole
- 3 eggs
- 3.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, unsalted (to grease pan)
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose (plain) (for greased pan)
Prepare the Ingredients
- Allow the butter and the eggs (if chilled) to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Get the ingredients ready by weighing & measuring them into separate bowls.
Make the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F (165°C).
- Grease the bottom and sides of the pan with about 1 teaspoon of butter. Add the 1 tablespoon of flour into the pan and shake to evenly coat the inside of the greased pan with the flour. Discard any lose flour left in the pan.
- In the mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, butter, milk, eggs, baking powder, vanilla and salt, and beat on low speed with the stand mixer or electric hand mixer until thoroughly combined, occasionally scraping down the bowl with the spatula. The beat on medium to high speed for 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl every minute.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center of the pan comes out clean, turning the pan around halfway through the baking.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool it completely on the wire rack before slicing and serving the cake.
Equipment (in order of use)
- Up to 12 extra bowls to hold the ingredients
- Kitchen weighing scale (preferably digital)
- Measuring spoons & cups
- Convection oven
- 9-inch springform cake pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Stand mixer or hand mixer with wire whisk attachment
- Silicone scraper spatula
- Oven mitts
- Wire rack